- SUSTAINING MEMBERS -
The Borger Chamber of Commerce is happy to be conducting the 33 rd year of Leadership Borger. This is a one-day a month intensive look at the community of Borger and Hutchinson County and an opportunity to gain knowledge to enhance participants existing leadership skills. Leadership Borger begins in September each year and ends in March. Graduation normally takes place during the Annual Chamber of Commerce Awards Banquet.
Leadership Borger is designed to feature:
• different perspectives in several areas of the community (education, health care, economics, city and county government etc.)
• to build leadership skills through workshops, field trip tours, and hands on training present economic and community trends
• build knowledge on challenges facing many facets of our community
Employers who enroll their employees should find that their employees will:
• develop new leadership skills and confidence in their leadership
• enhance their knowledge of the community in which they work and live
• develop new network channels with other class participants
• build their knowledge and awareness of state and local facilities and resources
Enrollment forms are available at the Chamber office. Class size is limited each year and interested parties are encouraged to submit an application ASAP.
Cost for this class is currently $400.00 for Chamber members and their employees and $450.00 for non-Chamber members. If you need to make billing arrangements for your company, please call the Chamber of Commerce at 274-2211.
Overview of Classes to be Conducted
• Tools for Leadership-Tools for Life" & "Our Town" ---- History
• Tourism National Park Service, Alibates, CRMWA, Air
• Leadership Potential & Issues Facing Leaders
• Your Community/Building Economic Bases
• City Government
• County Government & Community Services